Local Full Fibre Networks Gigabit Voucher Scheme
What is it?
The Department for Culture, Media and Sport have £200 million to spend testing ways to accelerate delivery of full-fibre. One of the chosen methods is to use connection vouchers. Wave 1 is £2 million.
Do you qualify? – IMPORTANT
You must check that you are a Small or Medium Sized Enterprise (SME – registered charity, social enterprise or sole trader – not a school or public sector organisation) – which must meet the following requirements to take part in the scheme.
- Employ no more than 249 people
- Annual turnover is below €50m and/or
- Balance sheet is below €43m
- Business is not a subsidiary and/or under the control of a larger SME entity (25% threshold)
- SME must comply with the European State Aid rules: Must have received less than €200,000 in the current and two previous financial years in De Minimis aid – businesses in fishery and aquaculture primary production, processing and marketing of agricultural products, coal, steel and ship-building have different allowances, and must seek approval from the local authority before applying.
- The connection is for business premises. (You can apply for a connection at home if this is your main work base, but this does not apply if you work from home occasionally)
Businesses are able to make joint applications to aggregate vouchers on a business park. SMEs may benefit from multiple connections supported by the Scheme at different locations, but no SME may benefit by more than £3,000 in total. Vouchers are not transferable between SMEs.